What is a QR Code Menu?
HOW DO QR CODE MENUS WORK?
- Restaurants and bars sign on to join the SpotMenus network. After registering for your free trial, your business can print its unique QR code on signage of your choice.
- Place the QR codes around your establishment. The QR codes can be placed on signs, table tents, coasters, window clings, door stickers, ordering stations or virtually any surface. Having multiple QR codes makes it convenient for guests to access one whenever they wish to view the menu.
- Guests scan a QR code using the camera on their mobile phone and will instantly be directed to a web page with your menu. Guests do not need to register, pay a fee, provide personal information, or deal with advertisements. All they need to do is scan the QR code and they’ll receive the menu, distraction-free.
HOW TO CREATE A QR CODE MENU
Creating a no-touch digital menu is simple with the SpotMenus QR code menu generator for restaurants and bars.
1. Log In to the QR Code Menu Generator
Log in to SpotMenus to access the QR code menu generator. If you don’t have a SpotMenus account, sign up for a free 90-day trial or register through your beverage distributor.
2. Customize Your MenuSpotMenus allows you to customize your settings so that certain menus appear at different times of the day or week. Once you’re logged into the SpotMenus platform, select the location you wish to manage, then click “Menu Manager” and “Add Menu.” You’ll then be prompted to enter your menu name (i.e. brunch menu, happy hour, dinner) menu type (i.e. food, drink), and customize the display hours.
4. Add Menu to a Menu GroupTo generate your QR code, add the digital menu to a Menu Group by dragging your menu from the available menus on the left to a menu group on the right. If you’d like all your menus to be accessible through a single QR code scan, simply drag all menus to the same menu group. Or, if you’d like different menus to appear at different locations within your establishment—such as the bar area or outdoor seating—you can create separate QR codes by creating a new menu group. An unlimited number of QR codes can be generated through SpotMenus.
5. Download Your QR CodeOnce your menus have been uploaded, click “View QR Code” located above Menu Groups within the Menu Manager, then click “Download QR Code.” You can print the QR code on regular paper, or contact your BrandMuscle rep to have it professionally printed on different types of signage—from table tents, to window clings, to coasters.
HOW TO USE A QR CODE MENU
- Open the camera or QR code reader on your smartphone.
- Position the camera lens over the SpotMenus QR code. Your device may automatically scan the code, or you’ll need to press a button to capture a picture of the code.
- Your device will read the QR code and instantly redirect you to the restaurant or bar menu.
Can a QR code take you to a website?Yes, a QR code takes you to a website without the hassle of manually entering a URL. If you upload a restaurant menu to SpotMenus, you can create a QR code that will direct guests to your online menu instantly.
How do I scan QR codes?To scan a QR code, make sure that the QR code is well-lit and clearly in view. Open the camera on your mobile and position it over the QR code. A pop-up should appear that will instantly direct you to the intended website. How long do QR codes last? QR codes do not expire. There is no limit on the number of scans your SpotMenus QR code allows. Are QR codes still relevant? The pervasiveness of smartphones with native QR code scanners in their cameras have made QR codes increasingly relevant. Especially in 2020, QR codes are relevant for providing contactless dining and supporting other no-touch technology.
Ready to offer your guests a QR code menu?
Restaurants and bars can use no-touch QR code menus to provide a safe dining experience. With SpotMenus, you can create digital menus online for free so customers can access your restaurant’s menu on their personal device without registering, paying a fee or being served ads.